Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful for miracles

Thankful for Miracles

Surviving cancer was huge miracle for me this year. One that I will forever be thankful for and never take for granted. I did not think that I could feel any more blessed and then God amazed me once again.

Actually this entire blog was started to talk about my little girl, the surgery she had been through, and the surgery she would face. If you look at the first posting I talked about the horrible test she would have to endure. I showed pictures of her at every stage for kidney issues. The test that I was dreading had to be redone because my cancer pushed back her test till it was out of date. I was so upset about this. The surgery we were told that Avery would have to have this time included a major bladder reconstruction and would be a horrible recovery. I have prayed and prayed that God would please deliver my little girl from this.

And He did.

Once again Avery faced the VCUG test that was so hard for her endure. This time was every bit as difficult as the last if not more. But to the shock of her doctor, the test revealed an absence of any issues whatsoever. Her kidney reflux has literally disappeared leaving her body in perfect shape. She's completely healed and no longer needs any more surgery. In fact for the first time in her entire life she is no longer taking daily antibiotics. The doctor felt this was a miracle, and I couldn't agree more.

God is still in the business of miracles. This particular miracle is every bit as amazing as those we read about in the Bible. God heals the sick and comforts those in need. This year we are certainly a family in need. And we are certainly thankful for the miracles we have experienced more than ever.
 
 

Be thankful.

1 comment: