Monday, October 15, 2012

Thank for family- the out of towners

 
I am beyond thankful for my out of town family.  All of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents live out of town. I have always wished that we could all see each other more often. Well, my illness afforded me that exact opportunity.  I consider this a true blessing.  I was able to spend time with someone from every part of my family...from Cleveland, Tennessee, Delaware, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and even Arizona. And my children were able to really get to know our family in way that would have otherwise been quite difficult.  I consider this a true blessing and one of the extremely positive things that came from the entire situation.

My family, the fact that you would drop everything and devote your time to helping me, Robbie, our kids, my parents, and my siblings makes my heart overwhelmed with gratitude.  It was an obvious physical support to us, but words cannot describe the emotional support that you gave us.  I needed to see your faces. And when I did see you, I felt myself rally to fight much harder.  I felt so much stronger because you were there for me.

And now, a word about each of you...although let's face it, I won't be able to do it justice!

Gram and Grandpa-

Oh my heavens, I love you! Thank you for coming to spend time with us. I love our talks and hearing your stories.  I love seeing you with my kids...and Avery talks about you all the time! That is a very long trip, which you happily made for me time and time again.  And thank you for checking on me so often. It really means the world to me.

 Grandpa & Avery finding animals in the clouds
 
 
Grandpa holding Owen for the first time
 


Mom, Rach, me, and Gram
 

The Menhinicks

Grandpa, me, and Gram

Giving my sweet Gram a hug
 
 
A. Deb & U. Russ
 
I love you crazy kids! I will never be able to describe what it means to me that you came to us pretty much immediately after I was diagnosed.  And when I hemorrhaged that weekend, you were at my bedside in the hospital.  Words can't express how that makes me feel.
U. Russ, thank you for calling and checking on me all the time and making me laugh. You are nuts and I love it!!!!!
A. Deb, the Mega-bus rider, thank you for coming twice to help us. Thanks for playing with my babies.  Thank you for sitting with me while I received a very difficult round of chemo. I needed you, and you were there... plain and simple. I am tearing up writing this to you. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. On a lighter note, you are now officially an expert colorer.... I should know, I've seen your work!
 
A Deb with Owen

A Deb and Avery
 
 
Aunt Nancy & The Wilson girls:
 
Oh Aunt Nance, my Dunkin buddy, how I love you. You are so much fun, and you crack me up.  I never knew that when I was just a little girl and I looked up to you....that as an adult I would still look up to you, but you would also be my friend. I love our talks, I love your honesty, and just having you around makes me so happy.  I miss you all the time.  Thank you for being there for me and encouraging me and my family.  So far, we have a stuffed duck, caterpillar, horse, and dog named Aunt Nancy.  I'd say that means that Avery loves you too!
 
Girls- I have absolutely LOVED getting to spend time with you recently. You all are so beautiful inside and out, and I feel closer to you than ever. I miss you terribly. Thank you so much for all of your support!
 
Owen loved his Aunt Nancy!

My friend

My gorgeous cousins
 
 
Uncle Bobby:
 
Alright Wardy, you're next.  I know it's not easy to be so far away, just like I know it's not easy to suffer so much....but you managed to come to help us regardless of your own health.  Thank you. I know that was probably tough, but I am forever thankful. Thanks for hold my mom's hand and sitting with me in the hospital... let's face it, scrabble and Uno are fun, but not in a oncology room. :)  My children love you.  Thanks for wearing 100 stickers on your shirt for Avery! One night in bed, Avery asked if Uncle Bobby wanted to come over and play.  I told her yes, he does, but it may take awhile for him to get here!! Thank you for being you...my funny uncle, my old pen pal. I love you.
 
Aunt Joyce, thank you for your prayers and for always posting encouraging things for me and about me. Even from Arizona, I could feel your support. Thank you and love you so!
 
Uncle Bob and Owen


The Wards
 
 
 
The Hanna's:
 
Auntie, who zoomed here as often as she could in her speedy white car, thank you for being my wonderful Aunt. I love you so much. You are so amazing....and hearing your laugh in combination with my mom's 'hoo hoo hoo" lifted my spirits so much! My mama needed her sis and there you were! Avery loves her story book you made her. She adores you! We miss you so much. I know it was hard for you to leave each time, especially on the brink of unsettling lab results that last time, but I want you to know that when you wave your hands as if saying "stop it I am tearing up"...it makes me realize how loved I am. It was hard for us to let you go! Thank you everything you are to me. I love you from the bottom of my heart. Uncle Jim, thanks for sharing your wife with us so much! I know it takes support in presence just as it does at a distance.
 
And of course, my sweet cousins, thank you for lifting my spirits with prayers and enouraging words. I loved seeing you all, and miss you like crazy. You are precious to me!
 
Oh that laugh

The girls!

 
Avery & Auntie

Greg and Rachel

Carrie and I

 
 
The Alcock's:
 
John, thank you for taking such good care of the kids that Regenia could come help me all those times. And thank you for coming to Owen's dedication. It meant so much to me. Love you!
 
Regenia, how can I put into words what you have done for me? You were here immediately when I was diagnosed. You helped us all the time so we could sleep and focus on getting better.  You were there to keep me grounded and to listen.  I feel closer to you than ever. We have been through so much together. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I love you so much my sister. And I love your precious children, who were just what my kids needed to feel normal! PS- we need to take more pictures together...I am discovering as I write this. Love you dearly!
 
 
Avery and Annabelle

 
Avery, Kathleen, and Annabelle
 

 
Regenie and Annabelle


 
Princesses
 
Well, just as I thought.  I simply cannot do it justice.  This barely covers how I feel...but know that I am so thankful for extra time I got to spend with you all while I was sick.... it was a true silver lining for me. I love you more than words can say!
 
 
Be thankful!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment