Monday, August 6, 2012

Thankful for my nurses

I am thankful for my nurses.  Oh am I ever.  These girls are amazing in every way. 

I am thankful for the ladies on the 6th floor who helped me at the birth of my son and later when I hemorrhaged again and again.  It was amazing to feel the reassurance of a familiar face or friend as I endured painful procedures.  I could feel God's presence as prayers were whispered in my ear in my hospital bed.  And then, as I mustered up the courage to open my eyes and look as they wheeled me up to the 8th floor (oncology) for the first time, tears streamed down my face as I looked around my room and saw that friends and past co-workers had decorated my room with scripture, quotes, and inside jokes literally everywhere.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Oh oncology nurses.  I love you! I really got to know my nurses as I was there every other week for 18 weeks.  Angela and Nicole, words cannot express my gratitude for what you did for me.  You could have just administered my chemo, but instead, you went above and beyond, and were a constant presence of reassurance for me and my family.  I miss you both like crazy!  I look up to you so much, and feel inspired to be a better nurse because of both of you.  I also prayed for your decisions in my care and am so thankful for the opportunity to get to know you.  Thank you so much, there aren't enough words to express my gratitude to you!

Be thankful!


April- post hysterectomy

No comments:

Post a Comment