Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My husband

I am thankful for my husband. He is truly an amazing human being.  We have been through so many trials and our first five years of marriage. The loss of his mother, the loss of a pregnancy, fertility issues, a child in surgery, and of course, cancer have all been a part of our story since we said I do. Too often it seems that trials cause division in marriages. This is not the case for us. God made us for each other and knew the strength we would need to find in each other. Thank you Father for creating my match.




One thing that really amazed me about Robbie is his response to my diagnosis. We both fell to tears as we were told the news. We didn't expect it in 1 million years. Both of us were so worried about our children and each other, but neither of us worried about ourselves. When the shock settled and reality became truly real to us, Robbie offered his thoughts. He told me, "I am not afraid of losing you because I know that you will not die from this. I am not one bit scared. my heart aches at the thought of what you will have to go through to beat this." isn't that amazing? He never doubted my success, and that is because of his faith in Christ.  He trusted the Lord with his whole heart and with my life. I delighted in watching him comfort others about our hardship. I look up to him and adore him.

I am so proud that he is the father of my children. He is so patient and calm. He really listens and is ready to play with his kids at any time. He is amazing.



Sorry for the sappiness but I just thought it was important to share something special about my husband. I pray that all girls are blessed to marry someone as wonderful as he is.

Be thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Another amazing post girl!! You guys are all so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete