Friday, May 31, 2013

 
It has been awhile since I have written...which I would like to say could be considered a good thing. I have been busy living life! Praise the Lord for that. There are times when I am not sure what to write about on here now that I have shared my story, written many many posts of thankfulness, and wrote about my journey of healing. So I am thinking, just write about what I am doing now, which is living!

Still, I will write about my cancer story at times, because I am still walking through the healing that comes in the aftermath of any major trial.  Life is different once you have survived something like that.  Everything looks different, feels different, and you are changed somehow.  When I was sick, people would tell me that one day the whole thing would just be a 'blip' on the map.  I am here to tell you, it will never be simply a 'blip' on the map for me.  Should I be crying everyday about what I missed with my kids and how I suffered? No.  Should I spend every day running through a field of wild flowers with my hands waving in the air?  Um, no.  Maybe a little of both for me... a little grieving mixed in with a lot of joy and praise.  Surviving cancer is a funny that way.  Nothing is cut and dry, and that is okay.  So the healing continues and thank goodness that God is patient with me as I walk through it!

So, I must share that Jennifer Crook is amazing.  She is a photographer and awesome woman!  She took my sister's wedding pictures and did an amazing job.  Then, she felt led to give me an amazing gift.  She graciously offered her time and talent by doing a 'Victory Shoot' for me and my family.  It is a celebration of survival, and I am so touched that she would do it for me.  And  as you see, the pictures are absolutely amazing.  I recommend Jennifer Crook Photography to anyone who needs wedding, family, baby, kids pictures etc. (http://jennifercrookphotography.com/) She is truly good at what she does.  Below is really only a very few of the pictures she took for my family.  What an amazing gift!  Thank you Jennifer!

I hope ya'll are having a blessed day.  I am off to pack for the beach, why not? We just moved last week.  Seems like a good time.  Like I said, I am living life! Be thankful!










3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! I'm just so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn, the pictures look great, the kids are adorable!! I was actually reading through a few of your posts and just had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Sure, feel free to email me kateliles@gmail.com

      Thanks!

      Delete